Spalted Maple? Harmony Central
3/11/2007 · regular Maple is OK for an oil finish, but spalted Maple is a different story. spalting can range from simple discoloration of solid wood all the way to a complete breakdown of the wood structure (i.e. rotted) that resembles a graham cracker (or worse!) dry bread.... The Kala KA-SMC Spalted Maple Concert offers a fresh approach to ukuleles. The KA- SMC has a Spalted Maple top, back, and sides, joined with a mahogany neck. This combination of top shelf tonewoods deliver a tone that is bright, yet warm with enough volume that you will be heard while playing with a group. The body is also adorned with mahogany
Tips on Steam-bending Spalted Wood? Woodworking Blog
Aug 22, 2018- Woodburned Koi fish design on spalted maple guitar body with finish.... 27/01/2011 · If I were to do this finish on spalted maple I would not tint my lacquer I would stain the maple. I would use 1 pint of distilled water with 4 eye drops of Transtint translucent tobacco brown, 8 eye drops of transtint translucent vintage amber. Keep a pint of pure clear distilled water at hand.
PRS Moore Music Spalted Maple McCarty 594
5/01/2011 · Best finish for a spalted maple table top I have 2 beautiful pieces of spalted maple, from which I've built a modern coffee table. I'd like to retain the light color of the maple and the high contrast of the spalting, which providing a tough finish. how to get permanent hair dye off face I have to say that the Spalted Maple finish looked spectacular, the fit and finish had no obvious flaws, They were all comfortable to hold and play. Each sounded good with no string buzz. The acoustics are excellent on these ukuleles.
Pit Bull Guitars TLA-1S Ash Body Electric Guitar Kit
5/08/2014 · shellac applied french polish style with a hand applied Tru oil gunstock finish or any other shellac friendly durable top coat. Beauty of a guitar, take … how to hold an acoustic guitar I have resawed some spalted maple into 1/4" x 14"x14". These will be panels inserted into the doors of a walnut pie safe. I want to put a finish on the maple.
How long can it take?
PRS SE Custom 24 Exclusive Finish Spalted Maple
- Spalted maple guitar top Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers
- spalted maple eBay
- Finishing Figured Spalted Maple WOODWEB
- Imperial ST Trans Red — Diamond Guitars
How To Finish Spalted Maple Guitar
The key to this finish is a steady hand, many hours, and the perfect piece of Spalted Maple. Thankfully, we were able to find not only one but two matched pieces of the perfect Spalted maple - so of course we had to build a guitar with a matched top and back.
- Selecting a piece of spalted Maple is a lot like choosing a slab of marble, she says: "It's a big undertaking. You have to pay attention to the nature of each piece, the spacing of the pattern. If
- Sporting a gorgeous spalted maple top under a translucent red gloss finish, this LTD EC-1000 by ESP is designed with professional looks, feel, tone and quality, all at a working musician's price.
- The Kala KA-SMC Spalted Maple Concert offers a fresh approach to ukuleles. The KA- SMC has a Spalted Maple top, back, and sides, joined with a mahogany neck. This combination of top shelf tonewoods deliver a tone that is bright, yet warm with enough volume that you will be heard while playing with a group. The body is also adorned with mahogany
- 13/11/2011 · Oil finish on a maple neck/fretboard? Discussion in ' I bought a used guitar with an unfinished all maple neck. I bought some pure tung oil and I refinish my neck every once in a while with it. I don't think it effects the tone that much. If it does it probably makes it a little warmer sounding. Personally I would have rather have had it polyurethaned. But I really don't have the proper