What is the cheapest way to fix a rusted chrome bumper
19/01/2005 · take it to a bumper (or chrome) shop and tell them what you need. the first step of rechroming is to dip the part to remove the old chrome. it's done every day. [/ QUOTE ] closest chrome shop is 70 mi away i'm gonna try the sandpaper.... 4/03/2011 · The only problem is that there's a bunch of tiny rust spots on the bumper. It's pitted through, but not severe. I don't care about the pits it made, I'm just curious how I get rid of the rust color spots. Someone told me rubbing lighter fluid on it can help, but I haven't tried it yet. Any advice on how to clean it or some products to use guys? Thanks!
How To Restore A Rusty Bumper? PChrome - Spray Chrome Kit
6/08/2006 · Best Answer: There is no cheap way to rechrome a bumper. You can send it in to be rechromed, or to remove light surface rust, use a brillo or steel wool pad with soapy water. Follow this with a chrome polish, and see if it helps.... Rust on the surface of a chrome bumper or other chrome accent on your vehicle can be removed, however. Getting rid of surface rust is a straightforward process that just takes a few minutes and some basic items to have your vehicle looking good again.
How to Get Rust off a Chrome Bumper Cars
One of the most important visual aspects of a muscle car are the shiny parts, you know, the chrome. Fresh paint trimmed out with dingy, dented and rusted bumpers, as well as other brightwork, detract from the overall fit and finish of any example of Detroit iron. how to get the password for a mac administrator 6/08/2006 · Best Answer: There is no cheap way to rechrome a bumper. You can send it in to be rechromed, or to remove light surface rust, use a brillo or steel wool pad with soapy water. Follow this with a chrome polish, and see if it helps.
Restore Metal Bumper 3 Steps (with Pictures)
15/07/2004 · If you can't get the rust off with chrome polish, you are a bit late already. Would you should do:-Use top quality rust-removing polish. Purchase it at a … how to get parental lock off tv sony 22/04/2009 · turtle wax chrome polish works great, you can find this at almost any store, auto parts stores will for sure have it also give your bumper a good coat of wax when you are done
How long can it take?
How do you clean/remove rust on the inside of chrome
- how to get surface rust off chrome bumpers? Yahoo Answers
- Rust hole in chrome front bumper Club Hot Rod
- Muriatic acid for removing chrome? The WoodenBoat Forum
- Chrome Bumper Stripping Finishing
How To Get Rust Off Chrome Bumper
22/04/2009 · turtle wax chrome polish works great, you can find this at almost any store, auto parts stores will for sure have it also give your bumper a good coat of wax when you are done
- 6/08/2009 · Just recently purchased a 95 Silverado and it is my first vehicle. Im just trying to get it all cleaned up so I can post some pictures. There is some surface rust on the bumper nothing serious but it just kind of looks bad I was wondering if anyone had any tips for removing the rust and polishing up the bumpers.
- 24/02/2011 · This trick will remove rust from chrome. I just found this out on another site. I wanted a cheap way to remove a little rust spot from my truck's bumper.
- Electrolytic rust removal using washing soda will not remove sound chrome plating. If the plating has rust under it, it will be removed. If the plating has rust under it, it will be removed. Chrome plating can be removed by reverse plating using a mild sulfuric acid electrolyte and a copper anode.
- 18/10/2009 · eBay chrome bumpers in my experience tend to be a bit off from "exact fit" and try to rust through from the inside out a little faster than stock ones.