Bathing Beauty – Babied Skin
Last night I took a two hour bath.
I bought fresh cut flowers on the way home, picked up a trashy tabloid mag, refilled my Starbucks vanilla rooibos tea, and poured myself a scouring soak. I always lace the tub with salts, oils and flours (mostly coming straight out of the pantry). Olive, castor, or almond oil (piqued with eucalyptus, lavender, or sea buckthorn essential oil) starts the blend off, followed with epsom salts and almond flour (if I’m looking to recreate a milk bath). Once I get in, I don’t want to get out. The ritual it forces me to perform feels so naturally gentle, I actually feel like I’m being taken care of (despite being the one to do it myself). Lately, I’ve also gravitated towards products with softer touches. You may already know that I’m a big advocate of the organic in my beauty and health routine, but delving even deeper into baby-safe alternatives has been my latest obsession. I wonder when we decide it’s time to “graduate” to the grown up chemicals and concoctions on the market that aren’t safe enough for the most sensitive of skins. The thought of everything being absorbed into my bloodstream is enough to keep me away from the general toxicity of pharmacy shelves.
1. Baby Moon Organic Milk Bath. The probiotics in this recipe add a cool twist to your beauty routine.
2. Baby Bee Multipurpose Ointment. Great for chapped and dry skin, no matter the age.
3. Baby Bee Buttermilk Bath. Because who wouldn’t want to soak in this?
4. No Evil Skin Protector. From everything from makeup removing to ear cleaning and eye soaking… this solution is all around organic goodness, soft enough for the most sensitive.
5. Bamford Organic Baby Bath & Massage Oil. I’m a big advocate of oil baths. It seems to be the only thing that’s able to revive my skin without making me breakout. Nothing better than cuddling up to your beau in cotton sheets after a good oily soak!
6. Dr. Bronner’s Baby Mild Liquid Soap. I personally love reading the labels dreamt up on the packaging of these bath products. Pure Castille soap is always welcome in my home, the more mild – the better!
7. Bamford Organic Chamomile Baby Soap. Calming chamomile, the sweetest, hydrating flower. The epitome of nurture.
xoxPosted under all natural beauty, Beauty, cosmetics, organic, skincare, Uncategorized by Robyn