Changes – Prepping & Primping
As of next week, I am officially off on early maternity leave. My departure feels like something comparable to an early retirement, even though I fully plan on continuing multiple projects and collaborations after my 9 to 5 workweeks are behind me. For someone with plans for a big family (I’m serious when I say I want five kids), continual contract work and flexibility will quickly resume its place as my everyday norm.
Although I’ve been excited about my time off for quite a while now, I still feel like all the additional free time that’s about to hit me (if only temporarily) is a bit surreal. A few goals I have to complete before bebe arrives…
- Finish his hand knit baby blanket
- Make a homemade baby gym
- Make a unique crib mobile
- Indulge in some final “me” time
- Exercise daily for a good hour (I’ll be focusing on bundled up brisk walks and thorough yoga stretches)
- Sell every bit of unneeded excess I own (from books, sports gear, shoes, clothes, furniture, you name it…)
- Wash everything baby related!
- Pack my hospital bag
- Enjoy my baby shower!
- Create more beauty/makeup/Outfit posts
- Go on a movie date night with the man
- Shoot maternity pictures
- Expand my recipe repertoire
- Take time to visit with friends and family
- Practice breathing and Hypnobirthing techniques
- Prepare an updated blog Media Kit
- Do my taxes and get up to date with my invoices!
- Visit the maternity ward I’ll be delivering at, and taking their breastfeeding course
- Take a prenatal class (I still have yet to master the art of the swaddle)
- Finish little mans illustrated animal picture book
Wish me luck (here’s hoping a two month time span will be sufficient)!
Posted under artwork, family, maternity, pregnancy, Uncategorized by Robyn