Currently Seeking – Midwife In Montreal
Happy Sunday folks!
I woke up this morning with complete anxiety over all the things I need to get done. I’m afraid I’m turning into a bit of a basket case.
On my long list of to-do’s, was finding a reputable and recommended midwife to assist in a potential home birth! I’ve thought a lot about how I want my labour to unfold, and after convincing myself I’d be alright in a hospital setting, have started to doubt my comfort in such an environment. While keeping options open, and of course handing over all preferences in exchange for the safety of little man – at home still remains at the top of my ideals. Using hypnobirthing breathing techniques alongside a water birth is how I’d like everything to unfold, and I’m looking for an experienced midwife to assist!
If you know, are, or have worked with a midwife who fits the following criteria in the Montreal area, please e-mail me (email@example.com):
- Licenced midwife (can hold certifications valid outside of Quebec, and Canada)
- Well experienced with hypnobirthing practices/language, and water/at-home births
- Comfortable and experienced in alternate emergency birthing practices/delivery methods (breech births, natural induction, last-minute situations, etc.)
- Must be willing to meet prior to birth to go over existing medical records/to-date prenatal progress, and be available up to and after my March 8th, 2014 due date
- Must be able to commute to downtown Montreal for the birth
- Must have extensive knowledge on breastfeeding, bathing, swaddling, and basic introductory infant care
- Must have all necessary equipment to be able to provide a safe, at-home birth
- Must be able to sign as a witness for legal documentation, should it be required (birth certificate, etc.)
Thanks for sharing lovelies,
P.S. [Photo Credit]Posted under maternity, pregnancy, Uncategorized by Robyn