Spring Hydration Essentials
Warmer weather is finally starting to show it’s sorely missed face around town, and in tow comes my insatiable thirst for change. As winter slowly melts away every year, the process of shedding my hibernation skin for something shiny and new begins. November through February are months for comfort foods, hot caffeinated beverages, and sleep-ins. As soon as the sun hits, juicy and fresh tastes reign, iced drinks take precedence, and active outdoor lifestyles come back to lead the way. Above all the coveted reveries that come with temperature increase, is that glow. You know – the beached, dewey, dripping-with-health look that every fashion designer sends their models down the summer runways sporting. But how to get that perfect aura…
Its bad enough to have been battling the icy elements, indoor heat blasts, and irritating heavy clothing (to maintain any kind of body heat) during subzero days. Getting hydrated is a job in itself when it comes to undoing all the damage winter can leave with you. And so I’ve compiled my personal hydrator go-to’s for your reference – a few great products that I can’t live without around this time of the year…
- Alaffia Shea Butter. Because nothing’s heavier than shea when environmental factors have your skin itching up a storm due to dryness!
- Skiin by Dimitri James Matte BB Pro. Because there is nothing better than a natural BB cream that keeps oily skin in check, moisturizes, and leaves a flawless matte finish.
- YSL Radiant Touch concealer. Because it doesn’t get more decadent than that, and nothing lends that “fresh-faced” look like the awesome illuminators in this pen.
- De L’Aubier water. Because who doesn’t want to drink local water sourced from maple trees?
- Lady Speed Stick Nutra-Skin. Because it keeps you dry (for 24 hours and invisibly), has a healthy dose of vitamin E, and is composed of over 30% conditioning emollients.
- Biotherm AquaSource Deep Serum. Because you’ve gotta layer up with a little something extra if you really want to see results darling!
- Liquid Vitamin D3. Because until the sun decides to unwaveringly show it’s face all day every day, you’re body needs that extra supplemental boost baby.
- Biovita Sweet Fennel Tea. Because fennel is the new green tea for me (and has some amazing attributes to it – google time).
Posted under 514 Beauty Post, all natural beauty, cosmetics, fashionista finds, Gotta Love It, Home, Lifestyle, product review, skincare, Sponsored Post, Uncategorized by Robyn